cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list_folder_members/batch

list_folder_members/batch

phil294
New member | Level 2

Hello,

why is there no `list_folder_members/batch`, and may I suggest you add such an endpoint?

Long version:

In our application, we manage various entities and offer to synchronize them with various third party integrations, such as Dropbox. The managed folders should always represent the local state, which means 1. name and 2. participants. Figuring out name mismatches is easy, but to match participants with remote Dropbox folder members is a difficult job. On synchronization, iff there are 50 entities, we have to send out 50 queries, one `/2/sharing/list_folder_members` each, because as I understand it, there is no `list_folder_members/batch` and `list_file_members/batch` does *not* accept a folder param. Maybe I'm missing something?

The way we're currently working around it is implementing special Dropbox-specific hooks that toggle a flag, marking it as "requires synchronization", and then querying only those at the next iteration. While this works, it introduces awful complexity that we had not encountered from any other third party provider.

Thanks a lot.

Philip

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! I can't offer specific insight on why any particular functionality wasn't implemented, but I'll pass this along as a feature request for a batch version of /2/sharing/list_folder_members. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?