cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/files/list_folder returns empty

2/files/list_folder returns empty

richiebox
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm tryingt to list the contents of the root folder. It was returning fine for a while and now it's suddenly stopped return anything? I had one file in there, and I added a couple more to test but it's still returning empty.

Would appreciate any help. Request and response below.

Request

curl -X POST https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder \
    --header "Authorization: Bearer <my-oauth-token>" \
    --header "Content-Type: application/json" \
    --data "{\"path\": \"\",\"recursive\": true,\"include_media_info\": false,\"include_deleted\": false,\"include_has_explicit_shared_members\": false,\"include_mounted_folders\": true}"

Response
{"entries": [], "cursor": "<cursor>", "has_more": false}

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Can you double check that there are still entries to list in the relevant account, e.g., via the web site? Make sure you didn't accidentally delete the contents in the Dropbox folder (or in the relevant app folder, if you're using an app with the "app folder" permission). 

If there are definitely active entries that should be returned, please open an API ticket with details (e.g., user ID, app name, and a screenshot of the items if possible) so we can look into it. Thanks in advance! 

richieboxie
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply Greg.

It started working again after a few hours. There were files in there and it just started replying with metadata for them. Not sure what happened there?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I can't say offhand unfortunately. If you'd like us to look into it, we'll need more information. Please open a ticket as requested in my previous reply if you'd like us to do so.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    richieboxie New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?