cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: API to automate the upload side of file request?

API to automate the upload side of file request?

ram s.3
New member | Level 1

when using the "file request" feature there are two parts for the process:

1. The owner of the account creates a new file request and share the link with the people he wants to let them upload files to his account
  2. The person how got the link has the ability to upload files to the owner's folder

As far as I understand there's no API for the first part.

How about the second part? is there any way to automate the upload part for using the file request link in a mobile application?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, there's also no API for uploading to a file request. I'll send this along as a feature request to the team.

ram s.3
New member | Level 1

thanks much.

Tom D.32
New member | Level 1

I too have this need. I've put together a working example of an IOS api to originate a file request. You can find it at: https://github.com/tjdhome/DropboxFileRequester.git.

It's a bit of a hack (uses a hidden webview), but it gets the job done. I have automated the second part (actually, the easier part) and will post that code in a day or so.

Karsten H.1
Helpful | Level 5

File requests with API would be a really useful feature. One of my clients needs to ask 50+ students twice a year to update their matriculation certificates. Would be piece of cake with an API call and a for loop.

Need more support?