cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add user accounts to Dropbox app

Add user accounts to Dropbox app

nomi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Kindly tell me how to add users to a dropbox app.

I want to be able to view and download files/folders from different accounts through same auth token.

I had searched V2 API, but couldn't find a function that lets me add accounts to the app apart from the one (current account) which created it.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
In order to allow other users to link to your app, you'll need to implement the OAuth app authorization flow in your app. There's a guide that explains how it works here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/oauth-guide

Exactly how you implement this depends on what SDK/library you're using (if any). Please refer to the documentation for whichever SDK or library you're using for information on how to implement this flow using.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
In order to allow other users to link to your app, you'll need to implement the OAuth app authorization flow in your app. There's a guide that explains how it works here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/oauth-guide

Exactly how you implement this depends on what SDK/library you're using (if any). Please refer to the documentation for whichever SDK or library you're using for information on how to implement this flow using.

nomi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you so much.

The article in the link was really helpful to understand the concept of oAuth.

Need more support?