cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a way to use Dropbox with ios9 and watch app?

Anyone have a way to use Dropbox with ios9 and watch app?

Daniel T.42
New member | Level 1

Unable to build an archive because of the enable bitcode=yes. If I can't find a solution I am going to have to remove Dropbox. This is an iOS app built with objective-c. 

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Moved to the API Development forum]

Hi Daniel, it sounds like you're using the iOS Core SDK. I'll pass this along as a feature request for an updated version with bitcode enabled, but one workaround is to add the source directly to your app, instead of adding the built framework.

There's an existing thread about this with some more information here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204352929-Need-Bitcode-Framework

Daniel T.42
New member | Level 1

Unfortunately that thread does not provide any information on how to add the source directly to the app. I tried adding it in, but I using info from that thread earlier today before posting, unfortunately I still get the same error. Does anyone have any instructions on how to add directly to the source. I have an update that needs to go be submitted this week and unfortunately will have to drop Dropbox from the app if I cannot figure out a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - if you turn bitcode=no it breaks the integration between the watch app and that is not an option. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I imagine it may depend a bit on how the project is set up, but as I recall the steps I've used in the past are:

1. Remove DropboxSDK.framework from your project but right clicking it and choosing "Delete", and choose to delete files.
2. If you're not building for OS X, delete all of the files that reference "Mac" or "OS X" from the DropboxSDK folder in the unzipped SDK download. (Be sure to check subfolders too.)
3. Drag and drop the DropboxSDK folder into your project and follow the prompt, choosing to copy and create groups.
4. If your project uses ARC, disable ARC for the Dropbox SDK files using the -fno-objc-arc compiler flag in Build Phases -> Compile Sources.
5. Clean and rebuild.

Daniel T.42
New member | Level 1

Gregory, 

Thank you, I am noticing some of the files are not needed because they are OS X. Do you happen to have a list of what files are needed for iOS as there are almost 150 files in the source?

Daniel

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Searching for "Mac" or "OSX" in Finder yields:

DBAuthHelperOSX.h
DBAuthHelperOSX.m
DBKeychain-OSX.m
DBRestClient+OSX.h
DBRestClient+OSX.m
DropboxOSX-Info.plist
DropboxOSX-Prefix.pch
DropboxOSX.h
MPOAuthCredentiaIConcreteStore+KeychainAdditionsMac.m

So I'd recommend just removing those instead of trying to add just iOS files.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Daniel, we have a new release of the iOS Core SDK that should enable you to build an archive:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/ios

If you want, give that a try and let me know if that does or doesn't work for you.

Daniel T.42
New member | Level 1

Gregory, Fantastic. I have been holding off on an update because of this issue as I was not able to get Dropbox to work with the previous option and I have many customers that enjoy using the feature. I will let you know if this resolves my issue. 

Daniel T.42
New member | Level 1

Initial tests are good, I will continue to do additional testing throughout this week before publishing. So far testing has been done in simulators with the updated SDK. I will test on actual devices this week as well and update soon if I find any issues. Thank you again!!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daniel T.42 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?