cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BadResponseException: Bad JSON: expected object value

BadResponseException: Bad JSON: expected object value

Jose L.8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

we are getting few errors of this kind 

com.dropbox.core.BadResponseException: Bad JSON: expected object value.
 at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3f3408aa; line: 1, column: 143897]
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2$1.execute(DbxRawClientV2.java:158)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2.executeRetriable(DbxRawClientV2.java:330)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2.executeRetriableWithRefresh(DbxRawClientV2.java:351)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2.rpcStyle(DbxRawClientV2.java:137)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.DbxTeamTeamLogRequests.getEventsContinue(DbxTeamTeamLogRequests.java:101)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.DbxTeamTeamLogRequests.getEventsContinue(DbxTeamTeamLogRequests.java:127)
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: expected object value.
 at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@3f3408aa; line: 1, column: 143897]
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializer.expectStartObject(StoneSerializer.java:91)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.TeamEvent$Serializer.deserialize(TeamEvent.java:530)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.TeamEvent$Serializer.deserialize(TeamEvent.java:480)
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StructSerializer.deserialize(StructSerializer.java:21)
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializers$ListSerializer.deserialize(StoneSerializers.java:320)
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializers$ListSerializer.deserialize(StoneSerializers.java:299)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.GetTeamEventsResult$Serializer.deserialize(GetTeamEventsResult.java:196)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.teamlog.GetTeamEventsResult$Serializer.deserialize(GetTeamEventsResult.java:161)
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StructSerializer.deserialize(StructSerializer.java:21)
	at com.dropbox.core.stone.StoneSerializer.deserialize(StoneSerializer.java:66)
	at com.dropbox.core.v2.DbxRawClientV2$1.execute(DbxRawClientV2.java:150)

We are using Dropbox Java SDK latest version, 3.1.3. and we are iterating over the team log.

Find attached some request ids that are failing:

8fd15839028f92488d826a573df1c765

c56e8d70b7f0702ff048c0c5b1b7a97d

8e96c5be98fb3c8e87b9b0410215127b

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! It looks like the SDK is receiving invalid JSON for some reason. I'm not aware of anything that should be causing that right now, and I can't seem to reproduce this myself, so we'll need to look into it specifically for you.

Would you be able to print out the problematic response body? That may help show what the issue is. For instance, you could reproduce the call outside the SDK by calling /2/team_log/get_events/continue by plugging in your access token and the relevant cursor. Please feel free to open an API ticket if you'd prefer to share privately. Either way though, please don't share your access token.

Jose L.8
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

as a follow up, I opened a ticket https://dropbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/10673253 and I believe that the error is parsing "file_locking_lock_status_changed" event types.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! That's very helpful. We have your ticket and are working on reproducing and investigating this issue based on that information. We'll follow up with you once we have an update on that.

guymayor
Explorer | Level 4

Hey,

I have the same issue, do you have any status update fro this ticket?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@guymayor Thanks for checking in. We were able to reproduce this issue internally. This is now open with engineering, but I don't have an update on it yet. I'll follow up here once I do.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be working properly in the latest version of the SDK. Please give that a try and let us know if there are still any issues with that. Thanks!

Need more support?