cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

snigdhakadam
Explorer | Level 3

I am using Dropbox API version 2. I am getting all files under "My Files" section using dbx.files_list_folder("") method. But I want files & folders inside "Sharing" section also. So can we get files & folder inside "Sharing" folder of dropbox using python API v2.

2 Replies 2

Re: Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47726878/can-we-get-list-of-files-folders-from-dropboxs-sharing-... ]

Yes, the sharing_* methods offer access to sharing information. For example, to list the shared folders the user has access to, you can use sharing_list_folders and sharing_list_folders_continue. You can use sharing_list_received_files and sharing_list_received_files_continue to get the files shared with the user.

Re: Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

snigdhakadam
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for reply. I will use it.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

snigdhakadam Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?