cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Explorer | Level 3

I am using Dropbox API version 2. I am getting all files under "My Files" section using dbx.files_list_folder("") method. But I want files & folders inside "Sharing" section also. So can we get files & folder inside "Sharing" folder of dropbox using python API v2.

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47726878/can-we-get-list-of-files-folders-from-dropboxs-sharing-... ]

Yes, the sharing_* methods offer access to sharing information. For example, to list the shared folders the user has access to, you can use sharing_list_folders and sharing_list_folders_continue. You can use sharing_list_received_files and sharing_list_received_files_continue to get the files shared with the user.

Highlighted

Re: Can we get list of files & folders under sharing section of dropbox using python?

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for reply. I will use it.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?