cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict Error

Conflict Error

olavolsf
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all ok.

I am getting the dreadful 

Failed to access a remote cloud service
StatusCode: Conflict
Request result: {"error_summary": "path/not_found/", "error": {".tag": "path", "path": {".tag": "not_found"}}}

It is (most probably) related with the Refresh Token (and consequently the AccessToken), because when I create in the APP the AccessToken and use it for testing in my program, everything is ok (up to the point that I have to renew the AccessToken from the RefreshToken - when the problem reapears). 

However, I am getting the AccessToken and RefreshToken from the authorization flow accessing:

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=XXXXXXX&token_access_type=offline&response_type=c...

with the following response:

{"access_token": "sl.XXXXX", "token_type": "bearer", "expires_in": 14400, "refresh_token": "YYYYY", "scope": "account_info.read account_info.write contacts.read contacts.write file_requests.read file_requests.write files.content.read files.content.write files.metadata.read files.metadata.write sharing.read sharing.write", "uid": "WWWW", "account_id": "dbid:ZZZZZ"}

which seems to be ok (of course, with XXX, YYY and ZZZ the correct codes). I have also looked at the dropbox folders to see if their exist (and they do).

Would someone be so kind to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Best regards, Olavo.

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@olavolsf wrote:

Would someone be so kind to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Hi @olavolsf,

And... 🤔 What are you doing actually?

@olavolsf wrote:

It is (most probably) related with the Refresh Token (and consequently the AccessToken), because when I create in the APP the AccessToken and use it for testing in my program, everything is ok (up to the point that I have to renew the AccessToken from the RefreshToken - when the problem reapears). 

Mhm... What's going on at that moment (aside of "problem reappears")? How are you renewing your access token, so to become "non ok"? By the way, errors like "path not found" cannot come from wrong token refreshing if that's your main issue! If the access token is wrong, whatever you're executing will stop immediately and will return token related error, without even it reaches to try accessing something eventually missing or pointed incorrectly. Try figuring out what exactly is going on and where the error is coming from in advance (check all your params validity - not only access token).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@olavolsf As Здравко said, a 'path/not_found' error doesn't indicate an issue with the access/refresh token itself. If an access token or refresh token is invalid, attempting to use it will fail with an error indicating an issue with the token.

A 'path/not_found' error indicates an issue with the 'path' value being supplied; that is, nothing was found at the supplied 'path' value in the connected account/root.

I suggest reading the Getting Started and File Access guides for reference on how to begin working with the Dropbox API and how to access files/folders via the API.

If something isn't working as expected, feel free to share the relevant code/parameters/output, but please redact any access token, refresh token, or app secret.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?