cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DBFILESUserAuthRoutes listFolderContinue:] returns deleted files - bug in Obj-C V2?

[DBFILESUserAuthRoutes listFolderContinue:] returns deleted files - bug in Obj-C V2?

Kimico T.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm calling to

[DBFILESUserAuthRoutes listFolder:recursive:includeMediaInfo:includeDeleted:includeHasExplicitSharedMembers]

and passing @(NO) to includeDeleted parameter. Everything works as expected.

However, when hasMore.boolValue is YES and I'm calling to

[ DBFILESUserAuthRoutes listFolderContinue: ]

there are cases where the result contains deleted files. (even though includeDeleted in the listFolder method clearly indicates not to include ones)

It seems like a bug. Can you please confirm? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This sounds like the expected behavior. The includeDeleted parameter controls whether or not listFolder[Continue] will return files that were already deleted at the time of the initial call.

Regardless of includeDeleted though, listFolderContinue will always returns newly deleted files. I.e., in order for your app to get an accurate state of the contents of the folder over time, it needs to be informed of items that were deleted after the initial call.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This sounds like the expected behavior. The includeDeleted parameter controls whether or not listFolder[Continue] will return files that were already deleted at the time of the initial call.

Regardless of includeDeleted though, listFolderContinue will always returns newly deleted files. I.e., in order for your app to get an accurate state of the contents of the folder over time, it needs to be informed of items that were deleted after the initial call.

Kimico T.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

You should consider documening this behavior as this might confuse many users. (which is, asking the SDK not to include deleted files yet deleted files indeed arrive...)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kimico T. Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?