cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleting a file using a Shared Link through the API

Deleting a file using a Shared Link through the API

Gonzo345
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there:

I'm brand new with the Dropbox API for .NET and I've made my steps forward.

The thing is that we want to work with shared links in terms of deleting files. I know I can use the

DropboxClient.Files.DeleteAsync(remoteRoute);

That would delete the file if I know the route it has, but... What about if I just know the link but I have full access to the account through the API? I mean, I could download the file (using the Files.DownloadAsync), but I couldn't delete the file unless I have the file route, which is not being provided if I recover the file through the shared link...

Thanks for all in advance. Mastering this official API is being... interesting :grin:

Gonzo345.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use GetSharedLinkMetadataAsync to get the metadata for a shared link. You can then use the returned SharedLinkMetadata.PathLower to delete the file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can use GetSharedLinkMetadataAsync to get the metadata for a shared link. You can then use the returned SharedLinkMetadata.PathLower to delete the file.

Gonzo345
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank you so much for this answer! This made my day, Greg!

Have a nice day, DropBoss!
Need more support?