cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox error: This app is currently disabled

DropBox error: This app is currently disabled

Digital Innovat
New member | Level 2

I'm using the dropbox_sdk Ruby Gem and get an error of "This app is currently disabled." 

The access token that I'm using is freshly generate and I keep getting this error, even though my app is in development and not disabled.

6 Replies 6

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Could you tell us which app you were using? The app key would uniquely identify it. (Do not share the app secret, just the app key.)

ait c.
New member | Level 1

I am facing the same issue since yesterday and getting the msg "

This app is currently disabled.
I disconnected app and now its not allowing me to connect. 

Digital Innovat
New member | Level 2

My app key is x5izcjkd35y6cc4

I've generated multiple access tokens, none of them work.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Are you sure that's the app you're using (that's the app key in your code, and you're using an access token for that app)? You do have a disabled app (but not the one with that app key), and it does show recent attempts to use it.

Something to double-check: make sure your code is actually using the access token you've generated and not an old token that's saved somewhere.

If you're still stuck, please open a support ticket: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact.

("ait c." the same advice goes for you. Double-check that you're using an access token for the app you think you're using.)

Digital Innovat
New member | Level 2

Just for future reference, the application started working a few hours later without any code changes. I am assuming that it takes some time for access tokens to be active. I am not sure exactly how much time this takes as I started working on the application again after a few days.

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

Access tokens do not take time to be active. They're active as soon as they're issued.

My best guess is that you were somehow still using an old token (from a disabled app).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steve M. Dropbox Staff
    Digital Innovat New member | Level 2
    ait c. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?