cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper API: document revision and access history?

Dropbox Paper API: document revision and access history?

u-phoria
New member | Level 2

Hi,

It would appear that it is currently not possible to retrieve Paper doc revision history metadata via the API.

Do you plan to expose this via the Paper API?

Perhaps not too dissimilar to the /list_revisions API, which works for Dropbox files.

My use cases are around capturing collaboration events as triggers. I'm sure there are others.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I can't promise if or when we'd release API functionality for that, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

kevintriplett
New member | Level 2

Hi!

I have this very use case for Paper API, I would like to automate the trigger of my internal workflow whenever a Paper file has been revised. If you can update us with the status of this feature request, that would be awesome 😄

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@kevintriplett This hasn't been added for the legacy Paper API, but Dropbox is switching to storing Paper documents as files in the Dropbox filesystem. You can find more information on that migration here.

For files in the Dropbox filesystem, check out the Detecting Changes Guide or /2/files/list_revisions for listing revisions of a file.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    kevintriplett New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?