cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox Sign API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Dropbox Sign API] Support for text tags in templates

[Dropbox Sign API] Support for text tags in templates

laurent_leconte
Explorer | Level 3

I'd like to use text tags in templates. The documenation seems to imply this is possible (e.g. https://developers.hellosign.com/docs/signature-request/walkthrough/ mentions text tags right after a section on templates) but `use_text_tags` is not supported as a parameter for the `/signature_request/send_with_template` endpoint. Is it possible to use text tags with a template?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

Hi there!

Text Tags cannot be used with templates, that is correct.

The Signature Request Walkthrough lists 3 different scenarios:

• Sending a signature request using files
  • Sending a signature request using templates
  • Sending a signature request using files and placing custom fields on the document via Form Fields per Document or Text Tags

The section referencing Text Tags is part of the 3rd scenario: Using Files and Form Fields

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

Hi there!

Text Tags cannot be used with templates, that is correct.

The Signature Request Walkthrough lists 3 different scenarios:

• Sending a signature request using files
  • Sending a signature request using templates
  • Sending a signature request using files and placing custom fields on the document via Form Fields per Document or Text Tags

The section referencing Text Tags is part of the 3rd scenario: Using Files and Form Fields

laurent_leconte
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the confirmation. Are there any plans to make text tags available for templates?

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

There are currently no plans to make text tags available for templates, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

You can also monitor the API Changelog page to learn more about what new features have been released.

jlats
New member | Level 2

That is really sad to hear. I just did a quick assessment of the top 15 e-sig platforms on G2 and all except you and Signaturely can accommodate Text Tags in documents without the need for API.

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @jlatsThanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, our text tag feature is only available with our Dropbox Sign API. That said, this has been raised as a feature request. Please bear in mind that I cannot guarantee if or when this feature will be implemented.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    jlats New member | Level 2
    DB-Des Dropbox Engineer
    laurent_leconte Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?