cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox api to create and write file

Dropbox api to create and write file

vishruti mehta
Explorer | Level 3

Hello sir,

I want a dropbox api php sdk that create and write file directly to dropbox without localpath. 

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation and tutorials here.

Dropbox doesn't offer resources or an official SDK for PHP in particular, but you can use a third party library, or you can call the HTTPS endpoints themselves (such as the upload endpoint that Здравко linked to) using whatever HTTPS client you prefer.

vishruti mehta
Explorer | Level 3

I need a way using an api where I send file data, name, size and content type and it will create file directly in Dropbox folder path.
Upload method will upload local file directly in dropbox but I dont want that method to upload ready file.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm not sure I understand your message. I don't know what you mean when you say you "dont want that method to upload ready file".

Anyway, the upload functionality discussed earlier does allow you to upload file data of a particular name, size, and type directly to Dropbox. Exactly where you get the data is up to you. You can read it from memory or the filesystem, or generate it on demand. Regardless of the source, to upload it, you would supply it in the request body of the upload call.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    vishruti mehta Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?