cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox only able to batch upload less than 1000 files

Dropbox only able to batch upload less than 1000 files

DboxDeveloper
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is there a 1000 limit for the number of files you can batch upload to dropbox? I get this error. Is there a way to get around it? Is the 1000 limit only for 1 folder or the entire dropbox folder? For example if i have 6000 files I put each 1000 files into a folder so I would have 6 folders?

UploadSessionFinishArg(cursor=UploadSessionCursor(session_id=u'AAAAAAAApg1yXdu4_1yHWw', offset=244607), commit=CommitInfo(path=u'/photoID_922.png', mode=WriteMode(u'add', None), autorename=False, client_modified=None, mute=False)), UploadSessionFinishArg(cursor=UploadSessionCursor(session_id=u'AAAAAAAAmqlWkOe9OmBVKA', offset=178395), commit=CommitInfo(path=u'/photoID_933.png', mode=WriteMode(u'add', None), autorename=False, client_modified=None, mute=False)), UploadSessionFinishArg(cursor=UploadSessionCursor(session_id=u'AAAAAAAAmOHorufFmJn4cg', offset=244515), commit=CommitInfo(path=u'/photoID_934.png', mode=WriteMode(u'add', None), autorename=False, client_modified=None, mute=False)), UploadSessionFinishArg(cursor=UploadSessionCursor(session_id=u'AAAAAAAAlieQdLhMNAbczw', offset=48027), commit=CommitInfo(path=u'/photoID_958.png', mode=WriteMode(u'add', None), autorename=False, client_modified=None, mute=False))] has more than 1000 items";
RequestId = 5f1383f404f0ea19dad623eac59b9e3d;
StatusCode = 400;
UserMessage = nil;
}];

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There is a limit of 1000 files per upload batch. (The batchUploadFiles method is implemented using uploadSessionFinishBatch which itself has the 1000 file limit. It's documented for uploadSessionFinishBatch, but I'll ask the team to add it to the documentation for batchUploadFiles as well.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There is a limit of 1000 files per upload batch. (The batchUploadFiles method is implemented using uploadSessionFinishBatch which itself has the 1000 file limit. It's documented for uploadSessionFinishBatch, but I'll ask the team to add it to the documentation for batchUploadFiles as well.)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Note that this limit is not per-folder, only per-upload batch. You can upload any number of files to a single folder, but you need to do so in batches of 1000 files each maximum.

DboxDeveloper
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Greg!

Need more support?