cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filemaker Containers and non-persistent Token

Filemaker Containers and non-persistent Token

JavMirVal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I was able to store container contents in my Dropbox but the Token is not persistent.  Read about it in the documentation and came to the conclusion that I need to use Oauth 2 with PKCE since I'll be using the application with mobile devices, the acquisition of the a Token must happen without user intervention. The problem is I don't understand the Oauth flow, how to get the token and what information must be provided to FileMaker.  Filemaker uses the command "Insert from URL".  Given the potential of this integration in the FileMaker Community, it would be very nice to have it available, sit developers don't have to "reinvent the wheel".  Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@JavMirVal wrote:

..., I was able to upload files to my DropBox but the Token expires. 

Hi @JavMirVal,

If that's the only problem, explanation you can find here will lead you through the way, I believe. 😉 You will see how you can get to a refresh token and how you can refresh expiring access token. Your work left is to "translate" the algorithm to the environment tools provided. Once you get aware of the idea, would be no problem to add PKCE on your own.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @JavMirVal,

If there is some issue with a third party tool, only the supplier can fix it. Ask there.

Hope this gives direction.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@JavMirVal Здравко is correct; this is something that the developer of the third party app will need to update the third party app to support. (Specifically, the app would need to use "refresh tokens" to maintain long-term access without repeated manual interaction.)

JavMirVal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There is no issue really, FileMaker has the functionality working fine, the problem is that I don't know how to pass the parameters to their function, I need to use OAuth 2 flow with PKCE in order to use it in production.  Following some examples I found in the Internet, I was able to upload files to my DropBox but the Token expires. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@JavMirVal wrote:

..., I was able to upload files to my DropBox but the Token expires. 

Hi @JavMirVal,

If that's the only problem, explanation you can find here will lead you through the way, I believe. 😉 You will see how you can get to a refresh token and how you can refresh expiring access token. Your work left is to "translate" the algorithm to the environment tools provided. Once you get aware of the idea, would be no problem to add PKCE on your own.

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    JavMirVal Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?