cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get shared links for a path for all users?

Get shared links for a path for all users?

scaron
Explorer | Level 3

I am using the Dropbox Python API to manage shared links across multiple users on a Team. In my own UI I show the contents of a certain path/folder which the user then chooses to create a shared link for this file/folder. This link gets shared between our team members and all is well. When another user browses to this same path/folder, my application queries for existing shared links using...

sharing_list_shared_links(path, direct_only=True)

I assumed that this would return the previous shared link that the other user generated. Instead, this lists no shared links and my tool naively generates a new one for the user. I use this (deprecated) function to create a link, again assuming it would return the existing one. Instead it creates a new one...

sharing_create_shared_link(path, short_url=False, pending_upload=mode)

Is it possible using the newer create_shared_link_with_settings function to achieve my goal of having a single unique shared link for an entire team?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, these shared links (whether from create_shared_link_with_settings or sharing_create_shared_link) are per-user. Each such shared link is owned by a specific user account and the API doesn't offer a way to change that.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?