cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the Webhook Request from the SDK

Get the Webhook Request from the SDK

rajhanskumar
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Team,

We have implemented webhook functionality as per your documentation of the Webhook and getting the Webhook request.

But i want to implement Webhook Process from the SDK. is there any way to do that ?.

Thanks & Regards

Rajhans Kumar.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The official Dropbox SDKs don't offer functionality for webhooks. Dropbox webhook notifications are meant for use via your own web framework, where you can retrieve the HTTP payload from the webhook notification.

Can you elaborate on what kind of webhook functionality you'd want in the SDKs?

rajhanskumar
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response.

But I want to ask one more question when the user is adding a file and folder, or rename or delete the file and folder from the Dropbox account. Here in this scenario, I want an event-based notification having Dbid inside it. But I don't want it using a webhook. I want some other way with which I can get event notifications.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you have a server-side app and want notifications of when changes occur in the accounts connected to your app, using webhooks is the best solution. For more information, I recommend reading the Detecting Changes Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    rajhanskumar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?