cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error,The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS,while uploading file using save_url

Getting error,The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS,while uploading file using save_url

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I am getting following error while i upload file using save_url endpoint. The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. I have a function which calls save_url for each files in array. I ran the same function with 10 items in array, which result into some success and some failure. This is not consistant. I tried with same 10 files, each time diffrent files gets successfully uploaded and fails. Here i have job ids of one such attempt.

Success:
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo7Q"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo8Q"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo9w"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo-Q"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo_A"

Failure:
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo7w"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo8w"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo9A"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo9Q"
"async_job_id": "PfUasVcaLmAAAAAAAAAo9g"

If i try with one file, it fails or gets uploaded. I am not sure what is going wrong. I am using c# (asp.net webapi). My code gets url from users which is dropbox preview url and uploads in our business account. This was working earlier.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The error message you shared indicates an issue at the transport layer, so the particular API endpoint, Dropbox file, or async job shouldn't matter. (Those are all only used after the secure connection is negotiated.)

The Dropbox API servers are currently being served with valid TLS configurations though (e.g., see the SSL Labs report for api.dropboxapi.com and for api.dropbox.com).

Is there anything that may be interfering with your network connection to *.dropboxapi.com or *.dropbox.com? For instance, any proxy, firewall, or other security software?

Also, the Dropbox API servers currently support TLS 1.0 or higher, so make sure your client isn't trying to use an older protocol, such as SSL 3.0, for instance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?