cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I select all file related permission when creating a new Dropbox app?

How can I select all file related permission when creating a new Dropbox app?

j7GUvseRjB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm totally new to Dropbox API and this is the first time I'm trying it. When I was creating a Dropbox app, how can I select all 4 file related permissions? I simply can't make it. See below image. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

choose.gif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct. This is because some scopes depend on others. When you see a scope checked but greyed out, like in the screencast you shared, that means that that scope is enabled, and can't be disabled because another scope that depends on it is also enabled. For example, 'files.metadata.write' and 'files.content.write' both depend on 'files.metadata.read'.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

@j7GUvseRjB Looks like, once you select files.metadata.write you already have both read and write metadata permissions. If you select files.metadata.write, you already have files.metadata.read.

j7GUvseRjB
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

That's reasonable. Let's me give it a try!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's correct. This is because some scopes depend on others. When you see a scope checked but greyed out, like in the screencast you shared, that means that that scope is enabled, and can't be disabled because another scope that depends on it is also enabled. For example, 'files.metadata.write' and 'files.content.write' both depend on 'files.metadata.read'.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    j7GUvseRjB Explorer | Level 3
    Elixir Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?