cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to install SwiftyDropbox in xcode project

How to install SwiftyDropbox in xcode project

Jonas B.6
New member | Level 1

I have tried using cocoa pods, with no luck. i have tried everything. i have cloned the drive, i have downloaded it from github. i have tried creating a new project and copying the files in. Every time i seem to either miss out on the .xcodeproj file completely or miss the idk in the project. 

I am trying to create a "simple" (i thought) app that displays, uploads and downloads files from a users dropbox. and thought the SwiftyDropbox combined with chooser and saver was the way to go.

I am apparently not capable of getting any of them to work properly.

Please help 🙂

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Jonas, using CocoaPods is the recommended approach, especially as it makes getting future updates very easy.

Can you share the output/errors you're getting so we can help?

Jonas B.6
New member | Level 1

I dont really get an error message per say, since i dont get an xcode project file in the clone from cocoa pods or the direct download. I go to the github, i write "pod --version" in terminal and get 0.39.0 as the version. I then write the following:

cd ~/desktop

git clone https://github.com........(and the rest of the link from github)...

here is a picture:

></p>

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Jonas, it looks like you're trying to add the DropboxSimpleOAuth project, which isn't an official Dropbox project. It does use SwiftyDropbox though, and does seem to have a .xcodeproj.

But in any case, the instructions for installing SwiftyDropbox in a project can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/swift#install

Jonas B.6
New member | Level 1

I am sorry i send the wrong picture.. this is what i meant to send></p>

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

In this screenshot you're just cloning the SwiftyDropbox project itself. To install it into your own Xcode project, follow the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/swift#install

If you get an error that you need help with during that, please post the output.

Jonas B.6
New member | Level 1

Im sry

but i still dont get it, im trying to follow the guide, but when it only says run "pod install" in the project directory i dont understand what it means.  

></p>

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The instructions say to put the "platform..." text in a file named "Podfile", but you've put it in a file named "Podfile.swift". 

Then, you need to run pod install in your terminal. Your latest screenshot shows that, but it fails because you don't have a "Podfile" file for it to read.

Need more support?