cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient_space error message even though I have a lot of free space

Insufficient_space error message even though I have a lot of free space

dev_ninja
Helpful | Level 5

I have a dropbox app that uploads documents to folders on behalf of users. When I tested it in production,I kept getting an insufficient_space error

{
"error_summary": "path/insufficient_space/",
"error": {".tag": "path", "reason": {".tag": "insufficient_space"},
}

Tried with two different dropbox user accounts and checked that there were no shared files eating into the storage space. What else could cause this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dev_ninja
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Здравко @Greg-DB , I was using a third party tool and logged the generated request for inspection. Turns out it was trying to upload files to the wrong user. My bad. Problem resolved now

Thanks for the assistance

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This error should indicate that there isn't enough storage space in the relevant account for the upload. I just tried the upload functionality on the API and it succeeded for me, so if you're seeing this erroneously, there may be some other variable that we'll need to look into. I see you've also written in to support so we'll follow up with you there shortly to check on this for you specifically.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @dev_ninja,

At the beginning it's good idea to check the actual space immediately after your code get that error. Logging this would show you how much is the exact space. 😉 Also, checking the actual user account might be helpful.

Good luck.

dev_ninja
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Здравко @Greg-DB , I was using a third party tool and logged the generated request for inspection. Turns out it was trying to upload files to the wrong user. My bad. Problem resolved now

dev_ninja
Helpful | Level 5

@Здравко @Greg-DB 

I was using a third party tool and logged the generated request for inspection. Turns out it was trying to upload files to the wrong user. Problem resolved now.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dev_ninja Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?