cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to share a folder using custom extensions?

Is it possible to share a folder using custom extensions?

rashanarshad
New member | Level 2

I am working on an extension for my company's app and was wondering if it is possible to share a folder using extensions?  In other words, instead of specifying a specific extension (such as .jpg) and then finding a .jpg  clicking share-> [extension] is it possible to share the parent folder id itself and then download the files in the folder on the backend?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, unfortunately the Extensions functionality only supports individual files, not folders, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

rashanarshad
New member | Level 2

Hey Greg, 

Thanks for the quick response.  Is there an alternative to extensions or is there another means to do this?  For example, I use the Slack add on and I am able to see the option to share from the folder level, any insight on how they accomplished it? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's a custom integration that Dropbox has with Slack, and not something that one can plug in to generally unfortunately. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

rashanarshad
New member | Level 2

Ah gotcha.  Custom integration meaning like a Dropbox / Slack collaboration sort of situation?  Is it possible to begin such a relationship with our company (I understand dev forums is probably not the place for this sort of partnership outreach lol, but if this is possible can you direct me to the right place?)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, if you're interested in a potential partnership with Dropbox, you can find more information and a contact form here:

https://www.dropbox.com/business/technology-partners

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    rashanarshad New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?