cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List All Shared Folders via API

List All Shared Folders via API

WinstonChen
New member | Level 2

I'm the ObjectiveDropboxOfficial, and I need to list all the shared folders like the official Dropbox app for iOS. Can you tell me how to do this query? I tried different search options in the listFolders(...) api but to no avail. I do see that shared folder has a non-nil _sharedFolderID, so I guess I could search recursively and then only list the results that have a valid _sharedFolderID, but that might bring back a massive amount of data. Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you want to get a list of all the shared folders in the connected account using the Dropbox Objective-C SDK, you should use the DBSHARINGUserAuthRoutes.listFolders and DBSHARINGUserAuthRoutes.listFoldersContinue methods.

(Note that these are different from the DBFILESUserAuthRoutes.listFolder and DBFILESUserAuthRoutes.listFolderContinue methods, which can be used to list all of the contents under a particular path, not just shared folders.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?