cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Issue Winrt 8.1

Login Issue Winrt 8.1

John D.95
New member | Level 1

When attempting to login using the dropnet sdk for Windows phone 8.1, for the most part I usually have no issues but recently I've been running into the problem where multiple times I would need to re-login until I finally get to and past the allow page before being able to browse through the files.

While debugging I've noticed that this case gets fired, under ProcessResult(...) inside DropboxOAuth.cs

case WebAuthenticationStatus.UserCancel:
throw new OAuthException(result.ResponseErrorDetail);

DropBox API v3.0.5

This always occurs when touching anywhere on the screen or even pressing the Sign in blue button at the bottom. Sometimes it gets glitch-like as well: 

Has this been herd/seen? If so, any workarounds would help!

4 Replies 4

John D.95
New member | Level 1

Note: Phone that mostly causes this issue:

Nokia Lumia 521 / T-Mobile / Windows Phone 8.1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We haven't received any reports of issues like this from other developers, but DropNet is made by a third party, so you may want to reach out to the maintainers instead. (Further, based on the screenshot, it looks like whatever browser being used is itself having trouble rendering the Dropbox site.)

John D.95
New member | Level 1

Thanks, 

I mixed up the sources, I use Dotnet

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet 

It is bizare and it happens only on this phone, it doesn't want to login, but once I finally get pass the login and allow page, I have no issues browsing/downloading/uploading content.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying! That is our SDK, though we also haven't received any reports like this for that either.

One helpful piece of information would be if this is only happening on that particular phone, or if you can reproduce it on another phone using the same browser. If it's just that specific phone, perhaps try resetting the browser (cookies, cache, etc.) or maybe even the phone itself. If it's any phone using a particular browser, please let us know the specific browser and version.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    John D.95 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?