cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leak in SDK 1.3.13 (iOS and OSX)

Memory leak in SDK 1.3.13 (iOS and OSX)

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Dropboxers,

There seems to be a memory leak in the current SDK (1.3.13) for iOS and OSX. The issue is that DBRequest objects are not actually removed from the mutable set requests when a call to /revisions finishes. Specifically, it looks like there ought to be the following line

[requests removeObject:request];

at the end of requestDidLoadRevisions. The same problem seems to apply to requestDidRestoreFile. Can you confirm that my reading of the code is correct and this is indeed a memory leak, and the fix is that which I've described above? 

Thanks!

Patrik

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Your reading looks right to me, so I'll report this to the team to check and fix it.

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Gregory.

Actually it seems like there may also be other memory leaks: Making repeated calls to the API using the SDK (even with the provided example app) seems to grow the memory use of the app. Not by very much, but a little bit each time. So if the team is looking at this issue, might as well try to fix all the problems at the same time. I'll obviously report more on this thread if I happen to see what the problem might be.

Cheers,

Patrik

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! I'm adding that to the report as well.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be addressed in release v1.3.14:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/ios

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Patrik H. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?