cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Files/Folder are not fetching(created after 9th of June)

New Files/Folder are not fetching(created after 9th of June)

Syed Saad A.
Explorer | Level 4

Hello
Can anyone reply me asap. I am using dropbox api v2. It was working fine previously but after 9th of june any file/folder that I am creating/uploading on dropbox are not fetching by api.I am using listfolder and listfolder continue api calls. using property "include_media_info:true".
It's been two days no new files/folder are fetching.

15 Replies 15

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
This is fixed now. Calls to list_folder/continue will now return the latest entries. Please let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

bobbie424242
Explorer | Level 4

It doesn't seem to work in my Android app.

if I upload a file with the Dropbox app and browse the folder with that file in my app, the new file does not appear in my app (while listed in the Dropbox app).

browsing the folder this way (with include media info):

ListFolderResult result = _api.files().listFolderBuilder(dbPath)
                    .withIncludeMediaInfo(true)
                    .start();

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@bobbie424242 Your code only shows you using listFolderBuilder, but you'll also need to use listFolderContinue to get all of the results. You can find more information in the documentation for listFolder orlistFolderBuilder.

bobbie424242
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg K.

It is using listForlderContinue in a loop until there are no more items, although I forgot to mention it.

This code was working perfectly fine until 9th June.

So whatever fix was made on Dropbox end to fix this issue is not working, or not working everywhere (it still doesn't work at the time of this post, I checked again).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@bobbie424242 In that case please open an API ticket including the relevant code, output, and affected user IDs so we can look into it for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

bobbie424242
Explorer | Level 4

I just submitted an API ticket on this form, using the title of this thread and with more details (code and app affected).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

bobbie424242 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?