cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

New users cannot connect to Dropbox

New users cannot connect to Dropbox

Samnis
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I have released the new version of my app. The app has the objective-c SDK updated to the latest release (5.0.5), and I have updated the code to support scopes and short-lived tokens. But I haven't changed the  "Access token expiration" setting of the app within the "Console" (so currently the "Permission type" of the app is "App folder" and not "Scoped app"). Also, I don't have migrated to permissions within the "Permissions" tab of the "Console".

The result is: old users are able to use the app without problems, but new users are not able to connect it to Dropbox anymore.

What I need to do? Do I need to update the  "Access token expiration" setting within the "Console".

I hope this is nothing related to the problem with permissions, so I hope this isn't an "internal" setting for my app: for more details see here https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-API-Support-Feedback/Cannot-find-the-quot-Permissions-quot-t... 

Please help, users are really angry šŸ˜ž

Thank you,

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you've updated your app's code to use scopes, you should also migrate your app to be a scoped app. You can do so via the app's page on the App Console. (This won't prevent users of old versions of your app from getting access tokens. Dropbox will just grant the default scopes you have set for your app in this case.) You do not need to change the "Access token expiration" setting though. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you've updated your app's code to use scopes, you should also migrate your app to be a scoped app. You can do so via the app's page on the App Console. (This won't prevent users of old versions of your app from getting access tokens. Dropbox will just grant the default scopes you have set for your app in this case.) You do not need to change the "Access token expiration" setting though. 

Samnis
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you very much Greg, it worked šŸ™‚

Best regards,

Mario

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Samnis Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?