cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not able to List shared links having edit access without file id

Not able to List shared links having edit access without file id

vivek-qualys-ssc
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, I am using below API to list down all files having shared links. I am making API call for each dropbox team member passing team member id in header (Dropbox-API-Select-User).

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/list_shared_links

I am able to list all files which having read access level. But when I create a file from dropbox itself it automatically creates sharing anyonewith link with edit permission and this link is missing from API response. Even I deleted this link and created again still not bale to list this link with above API.

NOTE: When I pass file Id in API request body then able to get the edit link. But my motive is to list down all the links(read and edit) at once for that team member without passing the file Id.

Please help if someone has any idea around this.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're referring to the kind of link with "/scl/fi", which can enable editing access, and you're calling /2/sharing/list_shared_links without specifying a "path" value to list all shared links, but aren't seeing the "/scl/fi" links returned.

These "/scl" links aren't standard shared links, so they don't get listed in that case, and don't behave exactly the same way as standard shared links. Calling /2/sharing/list_shared_links without specifying a "path" value won't return this kind of "/scl" link; I'll send this along to the team to ask them to change it to do so, but I can't promise if/when that might be done.

Instead, to retrieve these kinds of links, you do need to specify the "path" parameter (which can contain either the path or file ID), like you mentioned, for the particular item you wish to look up. If you do so, it will return those "/scl" links. You would need to call for each path for which you want to retrieve "/scl" links though.

vivek-qualys-ssc
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks @Greg-DB for replying and making it clear, Do we need to open an enhancement ticket for listing /scl links with API /2/sharing/list_shared_links without specifying a "path" value? As we want to list them for each user and not for each file.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, there's no need to open anything else. This forum thread serves as the reference to your request. Thanks!

Need more support?