cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent or restrict browsing shared datastores via web interface.

Prevent or restrict browsing shared datastores via web interface.

Matthew W.22
New member | Level 1

I am using shared datastores in my mobile application for order processing. The merchant is sharing their datastore with customers. The customers can view merchandise and place an order. This means the customer has read/write access to the shared database. This is all fine in the context of my application because I can control what the user can view.

The problem is the developer website. Any user can sign in and go to www.dropbox.com/developers and browse the entire shared datastore including the tables I restrict in my application.

I want to be able to share a datastore only in the context of my application. Is there a way to restrict or prevent the browsing of shared datastores via the web. I only want to share the datastore via API calls from my application.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It's not currently possible to restrict the user from viewing shared datastores they have access to in the web interface, but I'll be sure to pass this along as feedback.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?