cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pull a list of Shared folders and it's permissions

Pull a list of Shared folders and it's permissions

See Saw IT Support
Explorer | Level 3

Hello all, 

I'm trying to create a Python script using the API to pull a list of all shared folders and it's permissions as this feature doesn't exist on the Admin Console.

I'm on a Business account. 

I've created the APP and generated the API key with the correct permissions, but I'm not able to list all the root/parent folders and it's members.

Can someone help?

Best

Gus

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@See Saw IT Support wrote:

I'm trying to create a Python script using the API to pull a list of all shared folders ...

Hi @See Saw IT Support,

What would you say for method team_namespaces_list/continue? 🧐 Once you have all namespaces and their type you can get the metadata for everything of interest for you. 😉 Take a look on team_team_folder_list/continue, may be useful too.

Hope this helps.

See Saw IT Support
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Здравко, thanks for your input.

Initially, if I'm able to pull only the shared folders list I will be happy. Permissions/Owners/Members would be a plus.

I will try to use the method you mentioned and give you a feedback.

thanks

Gus

See Saw IT Support
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Здравко,

I was able to pull the shared folders list... but I'm struggling now to pull the metadata to get the owners, as well... do you have any idea on how the script would look like?

Best

Gus

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@See Saw IT Support To list the members of a shared folder, including each member's access level such as 'owner', etc., you would use sharing_list_folder_members and sharing_list_folder_members.

MerylDebose
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the help.

Spoiler
I am also trying to create a Python script using the API to pull a list of all shared folders and for that I am looking for the information online and I am glad I found your post. I also would like to help you by sharing the https://essayservicescanner.com/papersowl-review/ website with you where you will find Papersowl reviews. If you take high marks in your essay assignment then I will recommend you to hire them. It also save your precious time.
Need more support?