cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Python API - Find out who uploaded file to shared folder

Python API - Find out who uploaded file to shared folder

Jackaroo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been looking through the documentation for the python API but I'm unable to find a function that will allow me to find out who uploaded a file to a shared folder. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I am able to see who uploads a file on the dropbox dashboard in a browser, so I assume this functionality must be here somewhere.. Any help greatly appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can get the account ID of the account that last uploaded the file in FileSharingInfo.modified_by. For instance, you can get that from FileMetadata.sharing_info as returned by files_get_metadata or files_list_folder/files_list_folder_continue.

You can get more information about a particular account based on an account ID using users_get_account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can get the account ID of the account that last uploaded the file in FileSharingInfo.modified_by. For instance, you can get that from FileMetadata.sharing_info as returned by files_get_metadata or files_list_folder/files_list_folder_continue.

You can get more information about a particular account based on an account ID using users_get_account.

Jackaroo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Apologies I didn't respond sooner. I got this working with your help! Thank you :grinning: I'm not sure how I missed this when looking through the documentation...

Need more support?