cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pythong SDK - team_team_folder_list

Pythong SDK - team_team_folder_list

craggleb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi I'm having trouble attempting to use the python SDK

I'm trying to access a list of team folders using 'team_team_folder_list'

For example:

dbx = dropbox.Dropbox(access_token)
result = dbx.team_team_folder_list(path="")

Gives the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dropbox-test.py", line 116, in <module>
    result = dbx.team_team_folder_list(path="")
AttributeError: 'Dropbox' object has no attribute 'team_team_folder_list'

I've tried a few variants of the above - and can see the function defined in the SDK - am I supposed to be calling it in a different way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The team_team_folder_list method is defined on the DropboxTeam class, so you'll need to instantiate a DropboxTeam and call it on that (instead of just Dropbox). That is, that first line should look like this instead:

dbx = dropbox.DropboxTeam(access_token)

Also, note that the team_team_folder_list does not take a 'path' parameter. You can find more information on using it in the documentation

I also recommend reading the Namespace Guide and Content Access Guide for information on how to access various parts of a Dropbox Business team's content.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The team_team_folder_list method is defined on the DropboxTeam class, so you'll need to instantiate a DropboxTeam and call it on that (instead of just Dropbox). That is, that first line should look like this instead:

dbx = dropbox.DropboxTeam(access_token)

Also, note that the team_team_folder_list does not take a 'path' parameter. You can find more information on using it in the documentation

I also recommend reading the Namespace Guide and Content Access Guide for information on how to access various parts of a Dropbox Business team's content.

craggleb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg that works perfectly!

I would never have gotten to invoking it with an access token from the documentation

Need more support?