cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DownloadAsync - path/not_found/... Exception

Re: DownloadAsync - path/not_found/... Exception

EthanW
Explorer | Level 3

We have run into the path/not_found exception as well. We are also using the Dropbox API SendDownloadRequestAsync call with a valid path. Can you please explain the resolution since I don't have access to the ticket referenced below?

Thanks,

Ethan 

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@EthanW A 'path/not_found' error indicates that there was nothing found in the specified account under the relevant root at the specified path. There are a number of ways you may end up with this error. For example, you may just have a typo in the path value, or may be connected to the wrong account, etc. The Getting Started, File Access, and Team Files guides may be helpful.

If that's still not working for you though, feel free to share the details, e.g., show the relevant code, and indicate where/how you're getting the path value, and we'll be happy to take a look. You can open a ticket here if you'd prefer to share privately.

By the way, while it may not make a difference to this issue, you should generally just use DownloadAsync, not SendDownloadRequestAsync.

EthanW
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Greg. I'll be sure to open a ticket. We are using an admin account and through the OAuth2 authorization code flow you support, we have enabled all of the read-only scopes we require to access the files via your Business API. I'll be sure to open a ticket and share the code to see if there is something we can do to overcome this issue. Yes, we are using DownloadAsync. Internally, we can see that SendDownloadRequestAsync gets called by the Dropbox SDK.

Need more support?