cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SwiftyDropbox "Missing file" Errors in Xcode 8

SwiftyDropbox "Missing file" Errors in Xcode 8

Clifton L.
Helpful | Level 5

I just installed Xcode 8 and upgraded the SwiftyDropbox CocoaPod to version 3.2.0. I'm getting a few mysterious "Missing file" errors:

The first states that Auth.swift is missing from working copy, but when I browse the path it references, I see the file there:

I've tried removing and reinstalling the SwiftyDropbox CocoaPod to no avail. Any idea what I can try next?

5 Replies 5

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

@Clifton L.: These issues can be tricky to debug. Often they're transient – would you mind confirming that you've done a clean build on your project (cmd+shift+k) and reset your pods (`rm -rf Pods/; rm Podfile.lock; pod install`)?

Clifton L.
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for your reply. I've done that twice now and no luck.

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

@Clifton L.: Ok, let's try a few things. I think it might be related to XCode's source control integration. Please try the following:

Navigate to the SoureControl menu item > Refresh status and see if the missing file error continues.

In one of our updates, we renamed the Auth.swift file to OAuth.swift, so that might have the source control integration confused.

Let me know if this works – if it doesn't, we can look at trying other approaches as well.

Joe Z.1
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem, a refresh did not help. The issue is that in the Source folder, I have two more folders, Source and SwiftyDropbox, that's why it can't find it - any idea how to fix this?

Joe Z.1
Explorer | Level 3

found the solution - you have to commit all the files with unknown status

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joe Z.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Stephen C.14 Dropbox Staff
    Clifton L. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?