cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using REST API v2 Looking for a way to have returned list of directories in root directory

Using REST API v2 Looking for a way to have returned list of directories in root directory

TarDruggan
Explorer | Level 4

Developing a client to use DropBox using C++ on a low resource device (no harddrive).

Would like to list the contents of a directory such that directories are list at the top and any files below. I have searched through the API list and have found out how to use:

• /files/search 
  • /files/list_folder

but neither of these let me order or filter the results bases on the basis of file vs folder. Since this is a low resource box it is not possible to cache data between sessions. 

My Use Case is a user that has a few thousand files and 10 directories in the root directory.  It would be a poor user experience to download information on each file every time the user I want to list the root directory.

Is there a API or path I missed?

Thank You

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The API unfortunately doesn't offer sorting/filtering options for listing files and folders like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. Apologies I don't have a better answer for you!

TarDruggan
Explorer | Level 4

Thank You for the information. I will follow the API updates as you release them.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TarDruggan Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?