Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View only no download for Audio File by api

mirage_alaas
Explorer | Level 3

I am working of Dropbox .NET API to access the files and create shareable links.

I want to share some audio clip to other people, and I want that other people can just able to listen to the file, they must be not able to download those file.

In Dropbox .NET API I am creating a sharable link but I am not getting an option to restrict to just listen not download (I am getting this option on UI website when I click on the sharing link).

So my question is How it can be possible that other people just listen to the file other people should not able to download the file by dropbox .NET API?

Please share some code to do it!! currently, I am creating the link by the following code

DropboxClientConfig config = new DropboxClientConfig();
config.UserAgent = "Name of App";
DropboxClient dpc = new DropboxClient("***********", config);
RequestedVisibility visibility = RequestedVisibility.TeamOnly.Instance;
SharedLinkSettings sharedLinkSettings = new SharedLinkSettings(visibility,null,null );
CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsArg createSharedLinkWithSettingsArg = new CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsArg("path to file", sharedLinkSettings);

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Re: View only no download for Audio File by api

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54578157/view-only-no-download-for-audio-file-by-api ]

This feature is not currently available via the API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

mirage_alaas
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Greg !!  

KenEm New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Greg,

I'm not using the API.  I'd like to share an audio file with one person and allow them to listen to the file, but not download it.  

Is that that feature possible in Dropbox?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

@KenEm You can find the information about this Dropbox feature here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/set-link-permissions#disable-downloads

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?