cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View only no download for Audio File by api

View only no download for Audio File by api

mirage_alaas
Explorer | Level 4

I am working of Dropbox .NET API to access the files and create shareable links.

I want to share some audio clip to other people, and I want that other people can just able to listen to the file, they must be not able to download those file.

In Dropbox .NET API I am creating a sharable link but I am not getting an option to restrict to just listen not download (I am getting this option on UI website when I click on the sharing link).

So my question is How it can be possible that other people just listen to the file other people should not able to download the file by dropbox .NET API?

Please share some code to do it!! currently, I am creating the link by the following code

DropboxClientConfig config = new DropboxClientConfig();
config.UserAgent = "Name of App";
DropboxClient dpc = new DropboxClient("***********", config);
RequestedVisibility visibility = RequestedVisibility.TeamOnly.Instance;
SharedLinkSettings sharedLinkSettings = new SharedLinkSettings(visibility,null,null );
CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsArg createSharedLinkWithSettingsArg = new CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsArg("path to file", sharedLinkSettings);

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54578157/view-only-no-download-for-audio-file-by-api ]

This feature is not currently available via the API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

mirage_alaas
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Greg !! 🙂 

KenEm
New member | Level 2

Hi Greg,

I'm not using the API.  I'd like to share an audio file with one person and allow them to listen to the file, but not download it.  

Is that that feature possible in Dropbox?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@KenEm You can find the information about this Dropbox feature here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/set-link-permissions#disable-downloads

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@mirage_alaas The Dropbox API now supports enabling/disabling the download restriction on a shared link via the SharedLinkSettings.AllowDownload setting with the CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync and ModifySharedLinkSettingsAsync methods in the .NET SDK. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    KenEm New member | Level 2
    mirage_alaas Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?