cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhooks

Webhooks

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi there,
I setup a basic OAuth2 client app against Dropbox, added features like file upload, download, and also wired up the webhook.  I am getting the POST notification event every-time a new file or folder is being created and also anytime the user is making changes in the file's content, updating the existing file. 

I was wondering if there is a way for me (as a OAuth2 client developer) to have more granular control over the events, can I just subscribe to say new file or folder creation events and not the file update ones. As I don't envision using file update events as of now, but the way things are, I could not find a way to see the type of event and ignore it. As all events be it file update or new file/ folder addition extra, I am getting the same JSON telling me about the account id which got a change. 

Simply put, can I subscribe to specific events via webhooks rather all in one go?

Thanks! 🙂 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi!

As of today, there is no way to subscribe to specific events via webhooks. That said, we can go ahead and submit this as a feature request, keep in mind we can't promise if and when this would be implemented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

Hi!

As of today, there is no way to subscribe to specific events via webhooks. That said, we can go ahead and submit this as a feature request, keep in mind we can't promise if and when this would be implemented.

user44
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for prompt reply. 😀

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

user44 Explorer | Level 4
    DB-Des Dropbox Engineer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?