cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API. error from SwiftyDropbox v1.0.2 after upgrading Xcode to v7.2

Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API. error from SwiftyDropbox v1.0.2 after upgrading Xcode to v7.2

Michael D.100
New member | Level 1

Since upgrading Xcode to 7.2, I have not been able to download my test text file from Dropbox with my app via the iOS simulator or on device. The error message is:

Download error: Optional([request-id b1786dbc15c95f302d9397134c3406b2] Bad Input: Error in call to API function "files/download": Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API.)

I am using SwiftyDropbox 1.0.2, installed via CocoaPods, in a Swift application for iOS. I have been successfully using SwiftyDropbox for uploads and downloads for about a week or two. I have not changed any code in my app or anything in my Dropbox developer account’s setup for my app since it last was working (yesterday). (The app is still in development status.)

Please let me know what I can do to resolve this and move forward.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Michael, API v2 doesn't support the file type permission, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. (It sounds like some of the functionality was working, but it isn't officially supported unfortunately.)

To use API v2, you'll need to register an app with a different permission:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps/create

Apologies for the confusion!

Michael D.100
New member | Level 1

Thanks, Gregory.

I resolved the problem by registering another app on Dropbox with "Full Dropbox" permissions, and updating my app to use the new app key.

Until today, the API was allowing me to upload and download, via SwiftyDo, with only "file type" permissions. It sounds like that was a bug that was recently closed.

The "file type" permission would be useful for my app (a text-file based to-do app), but is not essential. I think that only power users would even know why it would be better to limit which file types my app can open.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michael D.100 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?