cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: create_shared_link is not working after adding 1TB add-on

create_shared_link is not working after adding 1TB add-on

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

After adding 1TB storage to the existing account API stop doing "create_shared_link".

All the other requests are working properly except for this. I tried everything upgrading and enabling trial Business, but nothing helped.

Guys, we have an online app working with dropbox. Please provide help immediately 100 of the users are waiting

7 Replies 7

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr-tOZMMn3U 

Hope this screen recording will help.

Don't say to check Bearer, check path, e.t.c. I've done everything perfectly, all paths all requests are working before, but suddenly they stop after the upgrade.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The /2/sharing/create_shared_link endpoint is deprecated in favor of /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings.

Please try /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings instead and let me know if that fails as well, and if so share the error it returns.

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4
create_shared_link_with_settings - is giving "access_denied" error.

On some files, it is working and giving "shared_link_already_exists". But after getting a shared link, it is not working!

{
    "error_summary""access_denied/..",
    "error": {
        ".tag""access_denied"
    }
}

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4
Uploaded by Sahak Sahakyan on 2023-02-06.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @boomtech,

Try something like the idea presented here. 😉

Hope this helps.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@boomtech Thanks for trying that and following up. I see you're getting an "access_denied" error, which means "The user is not allowed to create a shared link to the specified file. For example, this can occur if the file is restricted or if the user's links are banned.", so you'll need to contact support here for help regarding the state of your account/links.

boomtech
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I already did.

Thank you

Need more support?