cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbx.filesListFolder and dbx.sharingGetSharedLinkMetadata no longer return file path

dbx.filesListFolder and dbx.sharingGetSharedLinkMetadata no longer return file path

timrobinson33
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I have built an application that integrates with Dropbox using the nodejs SDK. It has been working fine for the past few months but has just stopped working overnight

The reason seems to be that the filesListFolder and sharingGetSharedLinkMetadata APIs no longer return the path_lower or path_display properties.

I don't see any change in the documentation, and my integration cannot work without the ability to retrieve the path from a shared link

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If the path values are not set, that indicates that the requested item is not mounted in the root for that call. For example, a user may have unmounted a shared folder containing the item in their account.

Since this depends on the state of the account, if you need help with this, I suggest opening an API ticket privately with the details of the issue so we can take a look and advise.

timrobinson33
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks I have done that

timrobinson33
Explorer | Level 4

for anyone else who has a similar issue, I was able to fix it by extracting the root namespace and creating a new dbx object using that root namespace like this:

var dbx = new Dropbox({ "refreshToken": refreshToken, "clientId": appKey, "clientSecret": appSecret});
const rootNamespaceID = (await dbx.usersGetCurrentAccount()).result.root_info.root_namespace_id
dbx = new Dropbox({"refreshToken": refreshToken,"clientId": appKey,"clientSecret": appSecret,

"pathRoot": JSON.stringify({".tag": "root", "root": rootNamespaceID})});

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

timrobinson33 Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?