cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with c#

help with c#

Ariel1359
Explorer | Level 3

HI!

I'm beginner in coding.

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 - windows forms, with c#.

I succeeded to upload and download files less than 150 MB.

Someone can help me with uploading and downloading files more than 150MB?

please!

Sorry about my poor English..

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67369803/dropbox-api-with-c-sharp-upload-large-files ]

We recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK. With that, to download files of any size, you should use the DownloadAsync method. There's an example of that here.

To upload files smaller than 150 MB, you can use the UploadAsync method. There's an example of that here.

To upload larger files, you need to use "upload sessions", starting with the UploadSessionStartAsync method. You can find an example of that here.

Ariel1359
Explorer | Level 3

thanks!

But I still have a problem. When I calling this Task, I get an Error messege - Dropbox.Api.ApiException`1: 'path/malformed_path/.' 

this is the parameters:

await ChunkUpload(dbx, "/DropBoxFolder", "@(C:\Example\exampleFile.txt)");

with or without @, it still doesn't work.

What shuold i do?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The third parameter to that ChunkUpload method is supposed to the "fileName" you want to upload the file as on Dropbox, which might look like "exampleFile.txt", for instance. You are instead supplying "C:\Example\exampleFile.txt" which is a local Windows file path, and not a valid Dropbox file name.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Ariel1359 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?