cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: /list_folder/get_latest_cursor -> shared_link

/list_folder/get_latest_cursor -> shared_link

maxior1234
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I noticed that for get_latest_cursor you can add a shared_link parameter. If I understand the documentation correctly, this parameter allows you to get the cursor for a file whose name is contained in the url. However, I have a problem with creating json with parameters in which there is a shared_link parameter. How such json should look like? is this right?

{

"path": "/ SZOtestowe",

"shared_link": {"url": "https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7a0cbikc4s318i/orze%C5%82-2.jpg?dl=0", "password": ""}

}

11 Replies 11

maxior1234
Explorer | Level 3

I have several such automations. Each of them retrieves information about files from a different but specific folder. When it needs the same additional automation, it creates a folder in Dropbox. I connect an automation that obtains a cursor (for a specific folder) and saves it to the appropriate tab in the sheet (to the second tab). Then I drop the files into this new folder. I restart the automation, which now downloads information about the added files to the first tab. As the files are downloaded one at a time, it also receives a new cursor each time and saves it to the second tab. With each downloaded file, the cursor is overwritten in tab 2, i.e. I have one fixed location for the cursor. In theory, since these cursors are for an enumeration in a specific folder, cursor should probably not be showing files in the wrong folder, but it could be different. If the automation were to load files from the wrong folder, this cannot happen. I am not sure, because there are several of the same automations, it is possible that I could even put something wrong. Thanks for your help, it will save the cursors to another file.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Just to avoid some confusion @maxior1234. Take in mind that if you have different strings as valid cursors, this doesn't mean they mandatory represent different enumeration states of the folder you're listing! I think you are assuming it - it's not true. Just perform a test - call multiple times 'get_latest_cursor', without calling anything else in meantime (the enumeration state can NOT change); you may expect the same cursors strings. ðŸ™‚ Are they the same? Also, the downloading doesn't change the enumeration state (uploading does it). Think for all cursors as a something opaque and don't try to interpret or compare them nor assume anything that's not explicitly pointed in corresponding documentation. 😉

Good luck.

Need more support?