cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting permissions for a shared folder

setting permissions for a shared folder

jasmine_r
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

1) I have a shared folder where initially i have set viewer permission for the members of the shared folder. Is it possible to change that to editor permission?

2) who can set or change permissions to a shared folder ? Are the members of the shared folders allowed to change permissions?

3) Is there any API to get the username of the one who changed the permissions for a shared folder?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

1) Yes, you can change the permission level for a shared folder member after the fact. Via the API, you can do that using /2/sharing/update_folder_member.

2) Who can change permissions in a shared folder is determined by the "ACL policy" for that folder. You can set the `acl_update_policy` to either `editors` or `owners` after the fact using /2/sharing/update_folder_policy, or when initially sharing the folder using /2/sharing/share_folder.

3) No, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a log like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?