cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weboohk notification request only sends API v1 user IDs

weboohk notification request only sends API v1 user IDs

Bk13
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, we have set up an application and a webhook endpoint that was enabled successfully, after authenticating a user against our application (using the OAuth2 login flow with an offline token) we test the webhook and it seems we do get a notification to our endpoint every time we upload to that user`s dropbox, however the notification request only sends the API v1 userId and not the listFolder Account id(API v2), this causes issue as these ids are deprecated and we can`t query the API with our SDK (we are using C# SDK) with this user id. we log all notification requests :

"{"ListFolder":null,"Delta":{"Users":[2123459457]},"UploadType":null}" 

as you can see, only the Delta.Users is populated.

contrary to what is written in the documentation here :

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/webhooks#documentation.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I just tried the webhook functionality and it is populating the API v2 account IDs for me.

I notice that the output you shared isn't in the original payload format that Dropbox sends in webhook notifications though. For instance, you have a key "ListFolder" whereas the Dropbox webhook payload contains "list_folder". So, it looks like your code is building that object somehow. Please check the original payload for comparison, and debug how that object is being built in your code.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?