cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox Replay

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How I use Replay to get feedback at Dropbox

How I use Replay to get feedback at Dropbox

CalvinDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone!

My name is @CalvinDBX , and I am not on the Replay team but I love using Replay in my day to day at Dropbox, but I'd love to learn from y'all too - here's a video on how I use it! Let me know what you think.

And of course, if you want to check out the Learn Library I mentioned, that's right here

5 Replies 5

Graham
Community Manager

Hey @CalvinDBX

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. It's always interesting to hear how people are using Dropbox Replay in different ways! I haven't really used the transcripts feature before, so that looks like something that I'll have to try out in the future.

I'd love to know if any group members have been finding any of the features Calvin just mentioned here helpful, or if there were other features you really liked? Leave a comment and let us know.

lukeflegg
Explorer | Level 4
Frame IO is so much better because it's actually integrated into the video editing software rather than being completely isolated in a silo on a website.
In frame IO, I literally never go to any website; only my clients use the website. I do absolutely everything through the frame IO panel inside premiere - upload new versions, read comments and reply to them and mark them complete, change status of videos, etc. When I click on a comment, it jumps my actual timeline to that specific moment. I literally don't understand how people make use of competing software that doesn't offer this fundamental feature.. Are you literally just switching constantly between the website and Premiere Pro manually trying to find the time code associated to each comment so you can see what they're talking about and to change it???

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @lukeflegg,

Welcome to the Dropbox Replay group and thanks for comment. There is a Replay extension available with Premier Pro, it's free to download and can be found in the Adobe Exchange. Once you've got the extension you can do things like import or leave comments, upload file versions that sync across both platforms and utilize all of the other functions of Replay. So there really is no reason to be switching between platforms. You can find out more about Premier Pro's Replay extension and how they work together here.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

lukeflegg
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Graham! I'm exploring it now. I'd be happy to join a Beta testing team, as I'm considering switching from Frameio and am happy to share in depth customer experience on the UX.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @lukeflegg,

Thanks for the response and your interest in Dropbox Replay! Unfortunately, we don't currently have any beta testing programs running or any in the pipeline. However, if any do open up in the future, I'm sure this group will be used to recruit participants, so be sure to keep an eye on us here to stay fully in the loop.

You will still have access to the Dropbox Replay on any Dropbox plan, so you can still have a look and see if you think it would be a good fit for your needs. Also, any feedback you have for us here would be very much appreciated!

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Graham

Need more support?