cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally merged accounts with clients...?

Accidentally merged accounts with clients...?

New member | Level 2

Not sure if i am posting this in the right place but can anyone help with the fopllowing please....? I was just on the phone to a client who said she was sharing a folder with me, then when she did I clicked the notification and then i think i may have accidentally agreed to merge my account with theirs? As now the icon on my desktop is named as their folder and not mine, my infomation seems to be trying to upload all of my 21,000+ files to this folder and I don't want to share all my other work files with my client! Can anyone help please? I need to reset this, I've raised a ticket but it says it will take 72 hours to respond... 

2 Replies 2

Re: Accidentally merged accounts with clients...?

New member | Level 2

Update: I am now thinking it's because the client invited me to a teams account and i had an individual professional account? A message came up about merging but i didn't expect it to do what it did - which was merge my information into the client folder.. I'm guessing i can't undo without help from the support team...?

Re: Accidentally merged accounts with clients...?

Dropboxer

Hey @GemmaHM; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

As it sounds like you joined a Dropbox for Business team account and not a shared folder, you'll need to reach out to your team admin and ask them to convert your account back to an individual one using these steps. 

Let us know if you have any questions, Gemma. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?