cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR 2016/679

GDPR 2016/679

ClaudiCC
Explorer | Level 3

I have a basic Dropbox account. I 'ld like to know which type of Dropbox account I should buy to be sure that my datas will be conserved in EU or if I can continue to use my basic account.

3 Replies 3

Re: GDPR 2016/679

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello there @ClaudiCC; welcome aboard and thanks for using Dropbox!

I think your concerns are best addressed in this Help Center article and this one.

Could you take a look there and let me know if you have any more questions?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ClaudiCC
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for you suggestion. But I read: "Tutti i file memorizzati online da Dropbox sono criptati e conservati su server di archiviazione sicuri, ubicati in data center negli Stati Uniti. Inoltre, per alcuni utenti Dropbox Business, sono disponibili server di archiviazione in Germania, Australia e Giappone" It means: "All files stored online by Dropbox are encrypted and stored on secure storage servers located in data centers in the United States. Additionally, for some Dropbox Business users, there are storage servers in Germany, Australia, and Japan". Why there is "for some Dropbox Business users"? Can all Dropbox users choose storage servers in Germany or only some?

Rich
Super User II

@ClaudiCC wrote:

Why there is "for some Dropbox Business users"? Can all Dropbox users choose storage servers in Germany or only some?

I believe the option is only available to European Dropbox Business, Enterprise, and Education customers with 15 or more seats (licenses).

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?