cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile Authenticator not working

Mobile Authenticator not working

Daniel J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Using 2-step verification, I've recently tried switching from receiving texts to using the mobile authenticator. However, the latter is not working.
I'm getting 'invalid' code when i try to input the code generated. How is this possible?
Is there no other way to use 2-step authenticator without having to resort to texts?

78 Replies 78

Petter R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am not receiving two-factor verification SMS anymore; no error message, texts just do not arrive. Other SMS messages works fine. I see you suggest I can turn it off in various ways, but I do not want to turn it off.

Mikael G.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have changed jobs and no longer holds the mobile phone that is associated with the security code. I do not have the computer either. Nor do I have the 16-digit security code.
How do I access my Dropbox?

ANA C.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Help!

Can't login in  my android... 

entered the security code and it's verifying code eternally!

Anyone can help me?

THX

Timr4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

2 step auto doesn't work when verifying with hello fax in google docs. All other apps verified flawlessly. I've tried 50 times and 50 fails. Tried with code sent to my phone = FAIL. What gives Db team?

Teresa O.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Somebody else just stolen my mobile phone. I'm getting access to dropbox with a friend's account, but I want to get access with my own account.

My google authenticator is in my mobile phone, and my stolen phone is the same I would receive the SMS recovery message.

I don't have the 16 digits recovery pin code,

could you please help me? there must be a way to get into dropbox. 

Tom H.
Super User
Go to solution

Teresa,

My best suggestion call your provider, have them move your number to a new phone. Which would allow you to receive the sms.

Noora H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

I have the following problem:

For the internet account I use 2 step verification with a number to be sent to my mobile. However, I destroyed phones, moved countries etc. and do no longer have access to the numbers that are set to receive the verification codes. I know the password but cannot access my account online because I do not have access to the verification codes.

What do I do? Is there any way to switch 2 step verification off? I really cannot remember any sorts of emergency codes, every account and device that I have has those.

I have been backing up my files with dropbox, dropbox is installed onto my laptop and I can access the files on my laptop.

Thanks,

Noora

Eliane J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Boa tarde,

Não consigo acessar meu dropbox pelo pc, me pedem o código de emergência...porém mesmo com o numero de celular correto, não recebo nenhuma mensagem...creio que seja por causa do dígito 9 que foi incluído recentemente.

Alguém com o mesmo problema? Há solução

Jefta T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hello there. I lost my phone almost six days ago. with all my crucial information including my Dropbox, this phone has become part of my life and I can't live without it. how can you help me trace or locate it?

Marcelo A.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

tenho o dropbox instalado em meu computador e o login é automático.

Acontece que não tenho mais o e-mail cadastrado, de modo que não consigo usar o mesmo login para instalar no ipad, considerando que não tenho mais acesso ao e-mail cadastrado no dropbox.

Need more support?