Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 30.3.14

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

10 Replies 10

Re: Beta Build 30.3.14

Super User II
Super User II

@clientreleases wrote:
The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Really!? 

Yet you still cannot say what it fixes never mind what 'new' features have come along.

My theory with this number increase is actually that the 2 button is broke so you needed to go to a build which doesnt contain it.

Blahh
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

First of all, sorry for any typos -- English is not my native language.

After last update, my desktop client (Win 10) start syncing process and suddenly close/crash. After that, i cant start the client again, even after a reboot.
I already uninstalled Dropbox, i've tried in another Windows installation... and the result is the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dropbox Desktop recurring crashes

nickgarnett New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine and I'm running Dropbox v30.3.14.

The Dropbox Desktop app is repeatedly crashing on my machine ... it has happened at least 5 times today.

Is there any other information I need to provide to help diagnose this issue?

MRodrigo New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, same problem here. To solve this, temporarily. I just downloaded the 29.4.20 version, and instaled it OFFLINE. So, after instaled I went to the Program Files (x86) folder, Dropbox, Update and renamed the dropboxupdate.exe to .exx, or another name. Did the same with all Update files, at the other folders, and it's now running, and that's my solution, untill Dropbox solve this.

Blahh
Helpful | Level 5

MRodrigo,

I did the same, but I blocked the .exe on my firewall. This quick fix (a kludge, perhaps?) is working like a charm, until Dropbox gets a definitive solution. Syncing process it's a lot slower than usual, but ...

Thanks and good luck!

Dropbox won't start

Jamaic
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox (version 30.3.14) refuses to start. When I click the dropbox icon, nothing happens. This problem appeared after Windows 10 Creators Update.

Error log: https://pastebin.com/yXdSCX48
%USERPROFILE%=C:\Users\Jan Vostrý

I suspect the function fails, because the path contains diacritics (specificaly character "ý", which is encoded as 0xFD, but the python refuses to parse it).
I suspect the update recreated my user profile directory, but with different encoding, triggering this error.

Re: Dropbox won't start

ckeats
Explorer | Level 3

Currently we have 40 machines in our company, we have a dropbox database of 200GB+ and we all are running the latest OSX 10.12.5. Some of our machines are setup for smart sync and others are downloading the whole database. Our search function on the machines running smart sync are having search issues. The search function looks to only find SOME of the information and is missing others or is not searching at all.

For example I search for "Tom" it may find 10 files named tom but miss another 25 files with the name tom in the same location. This looks to happen alot with NEWER created files and it doesnt ever seem to find them even after being there for weeks.

I assumed it was some type of indexing issue but if i attempted to rerun indexing on smart sync machines it will take WEEKS to run (24hrs with sleep settings off and running 100. After indexing it still misses the files or just doesnt see anymore files anymore. The search function on those smart sync machines also affect our Outlook search which now only finds some information.

After alot of testing ive found that:

This Search issue does not effect those machines that are not running smart sync or selective sync

Any machine that has a SMALL (30GB-ish) Dropbox Smart Sync Setup

Will happen on OSX 10.10, 10.11, or 10.12

Usually happens on fresh OSX installs or Updated operating systems

Happens on all machines running Office Suite and Dropbox

Happens with the latest Dropbox Beta 30.3.14 (First noticed with 23.2.22)

Happens with Filevault 2 turned on or off

So ive pinpointed the issue to dropbox or the combo of Outlook and dropbox. (Without outlook installed indexing still takes longer than it should). Does anyone have any recommendations i could try? im sorta running out of options and smart sync is better for my company compared to selective sync.

Re: Dropbox won't start

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports of issues starting this beta build. We believe this issue only affects Windows users with non-ascii characters in their name and are actively investigating. For now, you can opt out of early releases and downgrade to the latest stable build here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-29-4-20/m-p/229388#M4104

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused :( 

fernandofuvio New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

That's exactly the same that I did... And I unmarked the beta updates setting... Took a long time for me to figure out that was some problem with this beta version.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?